Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
After the Rain

Saturday 23 January 2016

The journey so far....

About a year ago I discovered some writing that I started a couple of years ago. Being sneaky I gave it to my 19 year old daughter and asked her to tell me what she thought. To my surprise she liked it and that gave me my motivation to continue the story. Fast forward a few months and my manuscript was near completion. Venturing outside my comfort zone, I put myself out there on facebook and asked for some friends to read it for me. What I received in return was an honest interpretation of how it was perceived. With the assistance of a couple of amazing women I was able to go back and fix the imperfections.

Then came the daunting challenge of deciding whether to share my work with the world. Branching out, I asked author Jo Raven how she started out. She gave me some great advice and I decided to take the step and look at publishing it.

The road to publication was not as easy as I had anticipated and has filled me with fear on more than one occasion!!

But at the end of the day, I will have my own personal copy to cherish in two to three weeks and the ebook version will be ready to go live on Amazon etc in the next four to six weeks.

As an added step, I have allowed my publishing company Xlibris to enlist the services of Blue Ink Reviews to give me their honest opinion. Let's hope they don't tear it to shreds to much....

Anyway, I am excited that in the next two to three business days it will be available on the Xlibris website.

Now begins the process of getting it out there, self promotion and marketing. Something I know nothing about!

Here's hoping that everyone loves it as much as I do!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment