Coming Soon!

Coming Soon!
After the Rain

Thursday 31 March 2016

Review: Friction

Friction Friction by Sapphire Knight
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Friction by Sapphire Knight is a gripping MC novel full of graphic language and adult situations. It's audience is definitely an 18+ one.

I was gifted this book as an ARC for an honest review and to be honest I wasn't sure what to expect. This is the first of Sapphire's books that I have had the opportunity of reading. Not to say I haven't wanted to, as I have a collection of her books on my kindle ready for me to indulge in.

This book had me from the start! As you start reading there is a little note advising that you should probably read Forsaken Control before diving into this one. That had me a little sceptical that maybe I was missing something, but I had nothing to worry about. Although I will definitely be reading Forsaken Control very soon!!

To begin with we meet Sadie, a pregnant girl on her way to her brother, who also happens to be a member of the Oath Keeper MC in Texas. Originally from California, Sadie, now no longer working, decides to sell her parents house, to make a fresh start for her and her child. Leaving behind her former life and her baby's daddy - Ghost, a member of Iron Fists MC in California, Sadie embarks on a journey across states to join her brother 2 Piece.

When Sadie reaches the Oath Keeper's compound she is confronted by Twist, a club member who takes her in and looks after her until her brother awakens. Twist we discover, is an ex military man who lost his wife and daughter in tragic circumstances. After unsuccessfully trying to end his own life he is taken into the Oath Keeper MC where he becomes known as the Unholy One. That nickname says it all I believe, and I am sure you can imagine what a tragedy like the one he suffered can do to a man.

This is a story of a girl looking for love and stability and a man battling his demons to find his way back. It is an unconventional love story, that sucks you in, keeping you reading so that you can find out where the story will lead you. Everything that happens in between has you on the edge of your seat. It really is a fantastic story and one I would highly recommend!!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment